Thursday, December 26, 2013

An Elephant for Ella

Ella was nearly 10 pounds at birth, and therefore acquired the nickname "Ella-phant". 


For Christmas, I decided to knit her a tiny little Elephant, since she likes stuffed animals so much. 

I personally hate knitting toys, as they're rather twiddly to work with (and I can't read while knitting, something the avid multi-tasker in me despises).

(Just look at that Dutch profile!)
 

I stuffed the body with poly-fil, and then put a small number of pennies in the bottom (with more stuffing to cushion it) so that the elephant would have some weight to it and also so that it would sit without falling over.  Right now it weighs about the same as a small bean bag.  I used pennies so that I could still throw the toy in the wash when it becomes dirty.

 Finally, I sewed on the top bow and eyes.  All done!



 

3 comments:

All About Learning Press said...

That's adorable! I'm amazed at how much knitting you get done!!

Merry said...

That's adorable! I'm amazed at all the knitting you get done!!

Twinmama said...

wow, the elephant is so adorable!! You seriously should do a booth or sell stuff in gift shops! I bet Ella loved her elephant. :)