Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Car Seat Makeover


 
(Finished picture)

Gabe had this car seat when he was a kid, and although it's still in good shape, the covering was ratty and disgusting, in spite of the thorough washing I gave it.

I decided to re-upholster it using some leftover Amy Butler fabric I had in my stash. I used a seam ripper to take apart the different pieces, and I'm soooo glad I took a picture of the separated pieces, because after I started working on the thing it was nearly impossible for me to figure out which piece went where.  I used the separated pieces as a pattern and just sewed the fabric onto the original pieces.

It wasn't precisely difficult, but definitely harder than I had envisioned, mostly because I had trouble remembering the placement of the pieces. 

I even sewed the warning label back on :)

 

Ella certainly seems to approve!

2 comments:

Merry Marinello said...

You're Amazing!

Ewe-niss said...

This is adorable!!! Wish I would have thought of this back when my kids were in car seats. How fun :-)